Novo Legal Intern
I am a 2L at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law. In addition to interning at Novo Legal I am also a student attorney with the Immigration Law & Policy Clinic at the law school. I am passionate about immigrants’ rights and Novo Legal has given me the opportunities to be fighting alongside our clients. One particular assignment that has been interesting and exciting has been litigating the stop-time rule for Notices to Appear. It has been challenging and engaging to be part of a team that is bringing new and unlitigated issues to the Tenth Circuit. The team at Novo Legal has provided me both practical and substantive knowledge about immigration law that will be the foundation for my own career.
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2022
Projects with Novo Legal
Some projects Skylar worked on include:
- Drafted and Won a motion for discretionary stay of deportation before the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals while a Petition for Review was pending.
- Drafted a Motion to Reopen before the Board of Immigration Appeals where the client became eligible for relief based on a change in immigration law.
- Worked with labor leaders and Kansas to provide the bedrock research of providing drivers licenses to undocumented immigrants.
- Drafted Particular Social Group and Asylum briefs for clients in removal proceedings.
- Worked with detainees at the GEO detention center in Aurora, Colorado to investigate civil rights violations.
Head back to Our Firm page to meet the rest of your support team!