Novo Legal Intern
I graduated from Sam Houston State University in 2018. I moved to Denver for law school because of the experiential learning opportunities the school offers, and because I enjoyed Colorado from previous family ski trips here. My first exposure working in immigration law was during my 1L summer externship, and since then I’ve known that is what I want to focus on. Being a first-generation American, I can relate to the community that we serve and the difficulties that families face going through the immigration process. I’ve been participating in the Immigration Law and Policy Clinic since the start of my 2L year and since 1L summer I’ve learned that immigration law is challenging, but rewarding.
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2021
Projects with Novo Legal
Some projects Edgar worked on include:
- Drafted and Won a Petition for Rehearing before the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Drafted Particular Social Group and Asylum briefs for clients in removal proceedings.
- Drafted a brief for CIMT analysis before the Board of Immigration Appeals
- Drafted and Won a Motion to Reopen a Removal Order sua sponte.
- Prepared a Registry Adjustment of Status Application.
Head back to Our Firm page to meet the rest of your support team!