Job Opening in Denver, CO. and Kent, WA.
High school or equivalent (Required)
Immigration Paralegal: 1 year (Required)
Full Job Description
Position – Novo Legal Group, an immigrant rights law firm based in with offices in Denver, Colorado and Kent, Washington, seeks a well-qualified candidate to serve as a full-time bilingual paralegal to assist with family-based affirmative immigration matters.
Duties – Primary duties for this position include the following:
- Preparing and filing applications for immigration benefits including but not limited to waivers of inadmissibility, family petitions, and VAWA and U Visa applications.
- Reviewing internal questionnaires and document checklists with clients to ensure completeness of their file.
- Initial file creation (hardcopy and digital).
- Assembling and filing application packets.
- Preparing clients for upcoming interviews, hearings, and appointments.
- Preparing responses to Requests for Information.
- Spanish language – legal proficiency.
- 1+ years of experience in Immigration law.
- Strong and demonstrated commitment to civil rights and civil liberties consistent with the values of Novo Legal Group.
- Experience working in fast-paced environment with a keen ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Experience working and communicating with marginalized or vulnerable communities.
- Sense of humor.
- $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you willing to travel for specialized training?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Immigration Paralegal: 1 year (Required)
- Spanish (Required)
- One location
The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.