After working with Rios & Cruz, P.S., as an Associate Attorney and Partner for six years, and a partner at Global Justice Law Group for three years, Alma joined IALC in 2018. Alma practices exclusively in the area of immigration law. She has worked in private practice and volunteered her time with various non-profits throughout her career. Prior to attending law school, Alma worked in human rights advocacy. Alma is admitted to the California State Bar Association and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Alma is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, where she has served on the Executive Committee and Co-Chaired the ICE Liaison committee of AILA’s Washington chapter. She has been a presenter and speaker at various AILA events and conferences. Her practice focuses on removal defense, U visas, asylum, family-based petitions, and appeals before the Board of Immigration Appeals, the Administrative Appeals Office, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Activities & Affiliations
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Washington Chapter
- ICE Liaison Committee Member | 2014
- Executive Committee | 2013-2014
- I-LAMP Mentor | 2012-2014
- Co-Chair of the ICE Liaison Committee | 2011-2013
- Kids in Need of Defense, Volunteer Attorney
- Volunteer Advocates for Immigrant Justice, Volunteer Attorney
- Northwest Immigrant & Refugee Rights Project, Volunteer Attorney
- Latino Bar Association, Volunteer Attorney
- Northwest Immigrant Rights Project, Volunteer Attorney
- East Bay Sanctuary Covenant, Volunteer Law Student Representative
- Executive Office of Immigration Review
- Board of Immigration Appeals
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- US Supreme Court
- UNIVERSITY OF SAN FRANCISCO SCHOOL OF LAW, 2008, magna cum laude
Head back to Our Firm page to meet the rest of your support team!
The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.