When you need help with an immigration case, you shouldn’t have to navigate it alone. Hiring an immigration lawyer can make an enormous difference in the success of your case. So, how much does an immigration lawyer cost, and why should you hire one?
What Do Immigration Lawyers Charge?
In many cases, an immigration lawyer’s fees are charged by the hour based on their hourly rate. This can be anywhere from $150 to $500+ per hour. However, some immigration lawyers charge a set fee for a specific service. For example, for filing a specific immigration form, an immigration lawyer may charge a flat rate between $350 to $1,500. Other types of cases could cost as much as $12,000 or more depending on the nature of your case and the time that the lawyer will spend.
What Factors Affect Immigration Attorney Costs?
Every immigration case is different and, therefore, could be more or less than the estimates given above. Some of the factors that will impact how much an immigrant lawyer costs are:
- Where the lawyer is located: Depending on what state your immigration lawyer practices in, there could be additional fees. It can also be assumed that a lawyer located in a big city may cost more than one from a small town.
- The lawyer’s level of experience: The level of expertise your immigration lawyer has can have a substantial impact on your case’s outcome, but it may come with a higher price tag. It is imperative that you choose an immigration lawyer who has the necessary experience and has a good track record with clients they have represented in the past.
- Your case and the support you require: The details of your case will make a difference in how much an immigration lawyer charges. There are many variables for you and your lawyer to consider. During the initial consultation, your lawyer will go over these with you and may be able to give you a price estimate based on your needs.
Is an Immigration Lawyer Worth The Cost?
Immigration law is complex and requires a high level of knowledge of the law and processes required for a successful outcome. Having an immigration lawyer by your side during these challenging processes could be the difference between a successful case and losing a case. Some of the core reasons you should hire an immigration lawyer include:
- Higher chance of success: The immigration process is complicated and time-consuming with no guarantee that you will have a favorable outcome. It is nearly impossible to win deportation cases without the assistance of counsel. Only 5 percent of cases that won between 2007 and 2012 did so without an attorney; 95 percent of successful cases were represented. It is even more impactful to have representation in cases involving children. Unrepresented minors win only 9% of the time, but with representation, 70% of cases result in outcomes that allow the child to remain in the United States.
- Meet deadlines: Throughout the process, there will be many deadlines that your immigration lawyer will make sure are always met, so your case is concluded as quickly as possible.
- Experience and knowledge: Immigration law can be intimidating and confusing to those who don’t have years of experience and knowledge. An immigration attorney will be familiar with various case types, from simple to the most complicated scenarios.
Hire An Experienced Immigration Lawyer Today
Novo Legal has a team of expert immigration lawyers who can assist you with deportation defense, family immigration, corporate immigration, and more. At our firm, we take many cases that other firms chose to reject. We strongly believe that it is our job to fight for the rights of immigrants in the United States. If you need an immigration lawyer, call us today at 303-335-0250 or book a consultation online.